Training for community healthcare workers
Welcome to our Right to Care training guide for community health workers. We hope you find this information useful.
The primary role of community health workers in the fight against coronavirus is twofold:
- To educate the community about coronavirus and the measures they should take to reduce transmission.
- To screen community members for coronavirus infections, and refer suspected cases for testing.
We recommend working through the following documents, which will equip community health care workers with the information and skills required to fulfil their job requirements.
Powerpoint presentations can either be played in video format using the pre-recorded narrations, or they can be used as Powerpoint slides and narrated by a presenter.
Please be aware that information is changing rapidly as this pandemic is progressing, so please make sure that you have the most up to date versions of the training materials. Different countries and regions may have differing guidelines, so please adapt these materials where necessary.
1) Basic training on COVID-19
Click here for presentation without narration
Click here for presentation with narration
2) PEPFAR Presentations 1-4
3) For CMore, Kaizala or other screening apps/tools, Click here
4) Home Isolation Information Sheet, Click here
5) Household Contacts Information Sheet, Click here
6) General information on decreasing transmission of COVID-19 for households (in English and Tonga, Siswati, Zulu, seSotho and Afrikaans), click here
7) Screening tool based on the current NICD criteria, Click here
8) Readiness assessment for Ward Based Outreach Teams/CHWs, Click here
9) Model answers for readiness assessment, Click here
10) Checklist for what CHWs must carry in their bags every day for home visits, Click here
11) Cheat sheet for CHWs, Click here
12) FPD Cheat sheet for CHWs, Click here
Remember that all workers aiding in the pandemic response need to be protected, supported, monitored, inspired, and appreciated, as this is a difficult time for everyone.
If you have any questions or concerns about these materials; if you require further support; or you would like access to documents in an editable format or translated into different languages please feel free to contact us on Julia.Turner@righttocare.org
Wishing you all the best in your fight against COVID-19!
Right to Care