Through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Action to HIV Epidemic Control project funded by USAID in Zambia’s Luapula, Muchinga and Northern provinces, we have focused on reducing HIV transmission, morbidity and mortality . This is in support of the United Nations Programme on HIV and AIDS and the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) 95-95-95 goal encompassing:
- HIV treatment coverage and
- providing comprehensive HIV prevention, care, and treatment maintenance services.
The project aims to:
- expand prevention services,
- expand quality treatment and
- reach epidemic control.
Priority populations include:
- adolescents and young people and
- pregnant and breastfeeding women.